Monday, March 14, 2011

What Compounds Are In Antacids



These days debuted as a novelist, but not my first work of fiction.
I think you know where I come from the world of radio that in the absence of the non-existent television, trying to distract their audience with imaginative productions. I, therefore, in the group of writers in those years, until I ended up devoted to journalism and information.

From the main studios of the radio stations could be heard then the sound versions of the scripts they wrote Antonio Calderón, Eduardo Vazquez, Sautier Casaseca, Mallo (creator of "The Coyote" a character who, as recently interpreted Zorro Our Antonio Banderas, was repeatedly brought to the screen) and continued from provincial stations with similar productions that Sevilla were due to the fertile imagination of Rafael Santisteban, Agustin Embuena, Juan Bustos, Alfonso Contreras and Manuel Barrios.

The other day I was in the School of Information Sciences to lecture in a graduate course. When I judged it desirable as a demonstration of the theory being developed include the work of these professional record of which remains alive even list the last one, (and it is for many years) my students put that expressionless face of those who hear about Tagalog, exotic language they have no interest in learning.

I could not help that I feel a deep disappointment. I guess in the School of Medicine is known not only the findings of Ramon y Cajal and Sir Alexander Fleming, but the work of Federico Rubio, wisdom in internal medicine Andreu Urra, or the skill of the doctors Vila, father and son who have saved so many lives bullfighters, this is like brush strokes on the fly, used for comparison.

A bitter feeling this happened to me the inevitable question about the causes of marginalization and neglect to which we submit in this city who elsewhere would receive the recognition they deserve. COPE, for example, was established in Seville and some still walk in it, and very few of those who with their expertise, their passion for literature or domain of the phrase put the mortar of the first bricks.

Who remembers them? ... Where anonymity disappears? ...

I know it when you return to university classrooms if they call me for another talk like, should I save much to mention, if you do not want my students occasionally opening their mouths, throw a glance at the clock with unmistakable symptoms of boredom.

And as one, to a lesser extent, was the group of those pioneers, it seems that phrase sounds like an epitaph: Bah ... old junk, few and far!.

0 comments:

Post a Comment